“A Tobacco Treatment Specialist (TTS) is a professional who possesses the skills, knowledge and training to provide effective, evidence-based interventions for tobacco dependence across a range of intensities. The TTS may be a psychologist, general practitioner, pharmacist, nurse or drug and alcohol counsellor and may work in hospitals, community health centers, medical and dental practices, smoking clinics, telephone quitlines, drug abuse treatment programs and mental health centres. The TTS may engage not only in providing treatment but also in educating others (health care professionals, administrators, scientists, smokers, nonsmokers) about tobacco dependence treatments.” ATTUD
- How have you felt when you quit smoking?
- How can you stop smoking? and be free!
- Cancer Council Queensland has suggested a complete ban on smoking for all children born after 2001 to gradually stop smoking altogether.
- What to do about E-cigarettes?
- The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, which found evidence of water on Mars, cost $720 million. Big Tobacco spends more than that on marketing EVERY MONTH in the U.S.! Imagine the amazing discoveries we could make with money that’s used to sell deadly products.