Suitable for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Assistants
The training is in TWO parts, which can be run consecutively or on different days
Part 1 (half a day)
- Understand the basic science of nicotine and addiction
- Appreciate the effects of smoking and benefits of quitting
- Discuss various Nicotine Replacement products and methods of treatment
- Understand and demonstrate the use of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
- Develop skills to assist and manage a smoker wanting to quit
- Know when to refer
Part 2 (half a day)
- Motivation interviewing (MI)
- Barriers to quitting
- Behavioural changes/ counselling
- Special populations
- Mental Health
- Indigenous Health
- CO monitor
Smoking Cessation Program for your Pharmacy
If you are thinking of developing a Smoking Cessation Clinic in your pharmacy, contact me to discuss how I can help you.
Smoking Cessation health promotion in your pharmacy
I can assist you with your ‘in store’ smoking cessation promotion, contact me for more information.
If you are interested in registering for a program or require more information, complete and submit the form below.