Nopuff provides evidence based smoking cessation treatments designed and delivered by Mayo Clinic Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist, Lyn Baucia . Nopuff Smokers’ Clinic delivers tailored smoking cessation programs to the workplace, community groups and individuals. Nopuff clinic also offers smoking cessation training and education to all health professionals to assist patients in their practices.
About Lyn Baucia:
Lyn Baucia is a Mayo Clinic Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist (CTTS) and Pharmacist working in private practice in Brisbane. She is the director of Nopuff and the Nopuff Smokers’ Clinic, situated in Brisbane. Lyn practices evidence-based medicine, using treatments that are proven effective in scientific research.
Lyn has trained both at University of Sydney and the Mayo Clinic, Rochester Mn. USA and recently became a Visiting Fellow at Queensland University of Technology. Training and working at the Mayo Nicotine Dependence Clinic, Lyn has acquired valuable experience in their outpatient, inpatient and residential clinics. She draws on more than 20 years experience, conducting smoking cessation programs for individuals, groups and in workplaces.
Since 2003 Lyn has conducted smoking cessation programs in the workplace, including the Queensland Police Service, Queensland Rail, QR National, RioTinto, Boeing Defence and the Australian Defence Force.
Training health professionals is a priority, with Lyn producing her own programs as well as facilitating sessions for pharmaceutical companies. She is a guest lecturer and Visiting Fellow at the University of Queensland Pharmacy School.
Lyn has presented papers at various conferences and seminars and has been a visiting lecturer at the Nicotine Addiction and Smoking Cessation course at the University of Sydney. She has been published in international and local journals and is a reviewer for the international clinical journal, the Journal of Smoking Cessation.
Lyn provides specialist advice in smoking cessation and smoking cessation medications to Queensland Health and the pharmaceutical industry. She has also been involved in a pilot study involving HIV patients and lifestyle changes.
- Mayo Clinic Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist (CTTS)
- Tobacco Treatment Specialist (TTS) certificate – University of Sydney
- Executive Member (Pharmacy) of the Australian Association of Smoking Cessation Professionals (AASCP)
- Member of the Association for the Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence (ATTUD)
- Member Of The Pharmaceutical Society Of Australia (PSA)
- Visiting Fellow at Queensland University of Technology
- Member of the Queensland Health Smoking Cessation Clinical Pathways Expert Development Group (2012)
- Member of the Queensland Health Respiratory Network Smoking Cessation Working Group